Table Lamp “LTA6 Porcino”
Manufactured by Azucena
Nickel-plated brass frame and
satinised glass diffuser
45 ø cm x 58 h cm
17,7 ø in x 22,8 h in
G. Gramigna, Repertorio del design italiano 1950-2000, p. 130, Allemandi, 2003
Luigi Caccia Dominioni (december 7, 1913, milan – november 13, 2016, milan) was an italian designer and architect born in milan, Italy from a noble family of Novara. He graduated in architecture at the Politecnico di Milano in 1936 where he met many of the influential architects and designers of the time, such as: brothers Livio and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni, Cesare Cattaneo, Giannino Bernasconi, and the founders of BBPR studio. In 1936, Luigi Caccia Dominioni started his professional activity in Venice.His large architectural projects are characterized by his ability to work with the existing buildings without renouncing the use of new forms and technologies.
Among his most notable architectural projects in milan are: the reconstruction of his family home in Piazza Sant’Ambrogio in Milan (1947-49), Casa Caccia Dominioni in Piazza Sant’Ambrogio (1949-1953), the Loro-Parisini in Via Savona (1951-57), a residential building in Via Nievo, (1954-1955), a residential building in Piazza Carbonari, (1960-1961), a commercial building in Corso Monforte (1963-1964), Casa Geronazzo in vVa Tamburini (1960-1968), and the Biblioteca Vanoni in Morbegno (1965-66).