Bruno-Gatta-1950s-Pair-of-Wall-Lamps-Model-Black | Side Gallery

Side Gallery

Side Gallery

Wishlist

Follow

WORKS

BRUNO GATTA

Request Pricing
Add to Wishlist (0)
ClosePlease login

No account yet? Register

Share
Pair of Wall Lamps
Manufactured by Stilnovo
Italy, 1950s
Metal, Glass

Measurements
30 cm diameter x 30,5d cm
11,8 in diameter x 12d in

Details
Manufacturer's label

Literature
The Complete Designers' Lights II, Paris, Editions by Clémence et Didier Krzentowski, 2012, p.54

Provenance
Private collection, Milano

Biography
In 1946, Bruno Gatta (Italy — b. 1904 — d. 1976) laid the foundation for the Stilnovo publishing house in Lainate, an industrial suburb of Milan. Despite its modest size, Stilnovo embraced a genuine industrial approach from 1952 to 1955, setting it apart from other Italian brands like Arredoluce and O'Luce. The hallmark of Stilnovo's production methodology was its commitment to experimenting with novel materials and innovative shapes.
Throughout the first half of the 1960s, the majority of Stilnovo's designs were crafted by the company's technical office, then under the leadership of Gaetano Scolari, and prominently featured the brand's distinctive signature. The Repertorio, a definitive reference book on post-war design, catalogues most of the models conceived by Scolari during this period, solidifying Stilnovo's legacy in the realm of design innovation.

WORKS

ENQUIRE ABOUT THE DESIGNER


Can we help you? 👋