Carlo de Carli
Carlo de Carli graduated in architecture in 1934 and was active from the early forties through the first half of the seventies. He was an architect who started his activity working in Gio Ponti ́s Studio. As designer, he worked oftern for Cassine, the most innovative italian furniture manufacturer of the 50 ́s where he became q promoter of renewal in Italy’s furniture industry. He also was a member of the Executive Technical Board of the X and XI Triennale and editor of the magazines “il Mobile Italiano” (Italian Furniture), and “Interni”. Among his most significant works in Milan are the building for flats and offices in Via dei Giardini (1947 – 1949), the church of San Ildefonso (1954 – 1956) and the complex for the Opera Don Calabria in the Cimiano district of Milan (1952 – 1965).